Cool Run

Guys, I've tried everyone of your tips so I don't know which one worked or if they all worked but I had a good run today. It is 82 degrees, I drove 12 miles at 3000 rpm after letting it idle after carb adjustment. I started at 140 degree oil temp and the temp was stable at 195 degrees. I increased the rpm to 3300 for 5 miles and it went to about 205 degees. This is by far better than 230 degrees and climbing when the engine would quit as before. One more question, does anyone know how fast you are going at 3000rpm in my '74. My speedometer is right on 55 mph. Is that about right? 165R-15 tires. Thank you everyone. Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Scott, Thanks for the page (I saved it), however I could not get it to calculate. It just gave me Nan in each box so I'm sure I screwed it up but I will try later. The reason I asked was when I am going 63 mph on my speedometer, my wife following in her vehicle said hers registered 70 mph and I do pass a lot of vehicles when I drive over 60. Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik