Dave's back, Kid's back....-

Not that long distance wise, but the "Moist" climate on the overnight ferry is usually a bit of a "drain"... hehe.. well there's daytime ferries but who'd want to take one.. ;)

Going to sweden (Bug Run show at Mantorp Park Raceway) again next summer.. not sure which car I'll bring... have been there with Frannie, and the vert.. now it would be time to take the bus.. dunno... not sure if I can get it street legal by then.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Aw all is not right in the world again.. Cressman is back. Special K

Reply to
Kirin Jacobsen

Reply to
John Henry

Boy, you guys got a damn memory!! Yes, the split cost me a$12k kitchen reno (thatt's 12k in materials, plus about 4 months of MY time), a new minivan AND a big over stuffed chair that cost about 4 times what it should.

Somehow this time there didn't seem to be any costs (yeah right John!). It was an odd moment, you know, sometimes the planets line up in your favor, sometimes they don't. That and I paid about a fifth for this car of what I paid for the '50. I take out a "loan" from our household savings and have a year to pay it back. Thus far, Zarwerks and selling off the part that came with the '51 that I don't want is doing very well towards paying of that loan.

She's a good wife. A real keeper......

Reply to
John Henry

And be protected by an impenetrable array of high powered potato cannons.

Reply to
Steve

It's only a matter of time!

I've been looking at your Beetle Box site with interest lately, as I'm toying with the idea of building a slightly wider one for my Mini resto...

Reply to
Howard Rose

Good idea... keep the Beetle box though, it'll be a very good excuse for *another* car ;-)

Reply to
Howard Rose

Yes, wider would be good. If I did it again, I would build it 6-10 inches wider for sure!

Reply to
John Henry

I'm not sure what will happen to the Beetle box. If I build the barn I want, it will be capable of holding up to eight vehicles, so I don't really see myslef needing the box. The Beetle box was built so it could be removed from the back of the house and you would not be able to tell it was ever there except for a few holes in the siding. But it would be a shame to tear it down, I am pretty proud of the way it came out, it blends with the rest of the house and landscape nicely. I told the kids they could keep their bikes in it.....

Reply to
John Henry

I've got DSL in the garage, nyah nyah :) And LAN covers 3 rooms in the house

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

....got internet at the driveway (no garage...yet).....by the koi pond.....the back deck.....the workshop.....and by the hot tub (outside).....network drops in each room in the house...(yes....even the bathroom).....

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

..............heh heh

.....................I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to be reading & posting to RAMVA while nature is calling.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:51:38 GMT, "Sneaks" scribbled this interesting note:

Drops in the bathroom??? I don't wanna know!:~)

John Willis

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 02:12:20 GMT, John Henry scribbled this interesting note:

If I've learned one thing over the years it is this: Whatever amount of space you may have in a typical home, it will never be enough (and that includes detached garages!:~)

A friend of mine who lives on about seven or eight acres decided to take in most of his attached two car garage and make it a kind of family area or play room or some such thing. He also built a detached garage of the type you are imagining. He bought the kit for a metal garage (steel beams and all), had a slab poured with steel plates imbedded, and did all the welding himself. He got the insulated garage with skylights. It gets both very hot and very cold in North Texas! Every bit of insulation you can muster is needed.

If you can really keep all your shop area in your current garage then I applaud you. But at the very least you ought to consider installing a lift! I know I'd sure like to have one (and if I ever find one for the right price you can bet it will be mine!:~) One of those two or four post electric lifts would be just what you'd want.

Glad to hear your online business is keeping you busy. I've been considering sending you a steering wheel to restore!

John Willis

No worse than being on the phone.... Had a land line rigged to the dumpster when I lived at home....

J.

Reply to
BergRace

BY the hot tub???? you are behind the times... don't you know that they make hot tubs with computers built in them now???? Geez... some people are SO out of date!

still waiting to own a hot tub... but man that one at the spa expo with the plasma screen and computer built in was something else!!!

Reply to
VWGirl

I have to figure out how big of a garage I will be able to cram in to my backyard (as soon as i get one next week) Wanted to build a 40x40, but I think there is a tree in the way... and I like that tree... My garage is gonna be bigger than my house! My 15 cars would still have to fight over it!

Reply to
VWGirl

Nah Lauren....this hot tub would be out of place with a built in computer.....it is an old style wood-fired cedar hot tub

if ya can't picture it).....needs more jets though....only has one......but then.....if I got more jets in it.....why would my wife need me anymore?.....:)

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

Funny how great minds run in the same gutter! I'm in the process of designing a

30'x40' shop/resto area, complete with an electro/hydraulic lift and machining area, here at our new house in NC. Bev figures if I'm out there, then I'm not in here.

Later,

Dave T.

P.S. - I'm still looking for the right 1969 convertible for Bev.

John Henry wrote:

Reply to
Bev/Dave Tosi

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:25:33 -0500, "VWGirl" scribbled this interesting note:

When I find that just right parcel of land out in the country (and we are looking) and probably before I build our home there will be a metal building put up. Ideally it will be a 60 by 40 with at least ten foot walls. It will have plumbing and electrical and phone and probably be wired for Internet connection or at least have the stuff run to make it part of the LAN that will be in the house eventually. This building will be part shop (wood working and machine) part garage (the kind you work on your own cars in) and part storage. You can never have too much storage.

Hopefully this parcel of land will turn out to be somewhere between 12 and 20 acres. We've looked at some but the right one just hasn't turned up yet!:~)

John Willis