door hinge help

i have a set of doors that i bought as replacements for my car i just put them on to make sure nothing was to tweaked. one of the doors is so tight to open and close,i have tried penetrating oil but it still seems way tighter than it should be. if i replace the pins would this cure the problem? this would be for my 55 beetle thanks for any help russ

Russ

I got a perfect door for a 67' we were working on a few months back. But the bottom hinge was so tight you had to beat it with a hammer to get it to move. Wr did alot of oil soaking and then took an air chisel with a very blunt tip (no cutting one here) and worked the hinge with it on the inner center part (off the car). it did the trick! door opens easy and smooth now. Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

"""and worked the hinge with it on the inner center part

i'm not really sure what you mean my this you pushed the pin in and out until it finally freed up? thanks russ

Reply to
Russ

no, if you have a door off the car take and fully open the hinge (like if the door was open on the car). we put the air chisel/hammer with a flat blunt end right on the longer center section of the rotating part of the hinge and fire away. The vibrations help to loosen everything up. This will obviously mar up the hinge a little that is why we do it on the inner part. Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

ok gotcha

thanks russ