Generator to alternator G warning light stays on, Please help

I have a 72 super beetle and I've been having problems with the generator warning light staying on and discharging of the battery. I changed the generator to a alternator with built in regulator and have the same problem with the light. I took the old regulator out of the back seat and connected the 3 hot red wires with the grey together and hooked up the green to the blue. I don't know if I connected the wrong wires or not, So can some one help me out.

Reply to
gbug89

This page of my web site:

for: Wiring for conversion from Generator to Alternator.

Diagram of how-to.

E-mail me if you need more info.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Can all of the red wires be touching or be connected each other and if so then i still have a problem with the light staying on and the battery not charging.

Reply to
gbug89

Please give step by step on replacing generator with a alternator and removing regulator and also wiring to the regulator on a 72 super beetle. thanks

Reply to
gbug89

Please give step by step on replacing generator with a alternator and removing regulator and also wiring to the regulator on a 72 super beetle. thanks

Reply to
gbug89

I used Speedy Jim's directions when I changed mine

David

I found out i have a short/drain at the light.

Reply to
gbug89