Maintenance...

today the '66 got a work over....

Tune up - valves adjusted, new valve cover gaskets New points timing set fan belt tightened carb adjusted brakes inspected and adjusted window cranks fixed - sorta - the metal had come loose fron the bottom of the window. washed new steering damper installed steering box adjusted... I need a new one - and tie rod ends!

and I broke a lug nut... thought I snapped off a wheel stud... time to replace all the lug nuts. posted a pic.... any one ever had this happen to them? I was using a 4 way lug wrench to tighten the nuts and one just popped right off!!! ARRRRRG!!!

and yeah looks like I will be fixing the metal thing that holds the side windows... the metal is rusted away and the rubber was so hard it just cracked. so my windows dont roll up and down... that sucks

Fun Fun Fun!!!

**************************************************************** dragenwagen 1966 Type I - Daily Driver 1969 Type I - Undergoing heater channel replacement
"Old VW's Don't Leak Oil, They Mark Their Territory."****************************************************************
Reply to
dragenwagen

Damn and I only washed my 64 today...lol

Reply to
Kafertoys

How much torque are you using? I hold it to 70 ft/lbs for lug nuts.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton