My new RAT motor just went in today.

Whoo hoo! That thing looked wicked!

Reply to
Shaggie

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 05:19:22 -0700, David Gravereaux ran around screaming and yelling:

not yet, but i'd give it a try....hehe JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Cost 250.00 to ship my new motor from southern cal to washington

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

$653 from Georgia to Hayward, CA for a 300lbs class crate. Next time, I'll drive there and pick it up ;)

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Thanks.. exhaust isn't done yet.. Mounting the oil filter in the wheel well waits on that once the position of the muffler in the well is set. Grrr! I'm on this stuff.. damnit.. I want to be done ;)

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Looked to me like that exhaust was running VERY close to the rear apron. I saw the part where you had to cut and bend the apron to give it clearance for the exhaust. Are you worried about it being so close to the apron that it burns the paint off of it?

Reply to
Shaggie

Great David... Call me when you get it fired up and I'll go over a few triple checks with you.

Davids engine, tranny and cooling system were all configured to be compatible. His smile will be impacted heavily by this and I can't wait to hear his feedback!

Reply to
Jake Raby

Or that vibration will result in some contact spots?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Yeah, that's the main issue. My mounts are extra stiff, but she'll move a bit. It shouldn't have been this close, but my body must be shifted.

So not to bang my head on the wall screwing around... I cut the whole thing ;)

Paint comes last, so I'll fix it later..

Reply to
David Gravereaux

I have a feeling that there's some kind of Conservation of Speed Law here: a new Jake Raby engine goes in and somewhere else, a Jake Raby engine goes out. :)

-- jjs with a charred wreck

Reply to
jjs

John, what happened to the car???