New VW bus.........Oh My God!

Well, Unless you're a glutton for punishment, I'd say don't buy the next generation of VW bus vans. I read this weekend that VW and Chrysler are Pairing up on this, and the next VW vans will be built by Chrysler, here in the states...........This does not sound inviting at all. Can you say, "Grande Transporter"?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

Eh, I wouldn't buy one newer than 1967 so no worries there.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Aw man, and ya know how much I wanted to WASTE A YEAR'S SALARY on some kinda new piece of shit from Chrysler! Ya big spoil sport. I suppose we can use the money we saved by not buying that POS buying meals for ten years. *sigh*

Wait! Or beer! Okay, everything is okay now.

Reply to
NowhereMan

......You long time regulars who have changed your screen names are making it impossible for anyone who wants to retrieve these gems of wisdom from the Google archives in the future.

...Oh wait........what am I saying?.........never mind.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I'd go with the beer idea! I would never even consider a new VW/Chrysler van. Hell, I barely consider anything newer than 67 anyway. Andy

Reply to
Busman

I'm having a hard time thinking that there are no advantages to a newer vehicle for some of us. But literacy aside, I think new cars are pretty well built for the most part nowadays. Most will not make it to be a 35 year old car much less older. Most of that due to lack of interest, parts, or just plain poor design. But that's kinda expected. Nothing against the ol' Bus, and it's full of great "old technology" but there are some things that might be worth looking at. I know I seem to be in full disagreement with myself, but I am not really. I just was amazed with the whole marriage between the two MFG's. I'm pretty sure I won't be spending my dime with them either.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

Equal in terms of what?

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

The worste part is the division of labor on this one. As I heard it, VW will be in charge of styling...and chrysler will provide the drive trains.....ackkkk

Reply to
Gary Tateosian