New Years eve Chat Webbased Instructions

Maybe taking shifts would be a good idea. And yes I am volunteering to help, we don't have any plans that night so i should be around most of the time.

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

well that's okay...as long as my, um, well you know is bigger....LOL

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

I don't know what time we should start, but maybe we should start by taking turns lurking in there well in advance. Australia and NZ will see new year first, then some time later Europe and Finland :) and some 7 hours after that it's east coast US.

I guess we'll have to see when the first country is getting close to midnight, and time ourselves accordingly, maybe an hour before midnight for them. Eastern Australia is like 8 hours ahead of me. Maybe we should start with them. That would be afternoon for me, I can do that.

So it looks like me or Anna will start around 3pm Finnish time, equaling 11pm Australian eastern time, which would be 8am US east Coast time? Roughly.

I guess it will peak around 6pm-2am for you silly north americans. :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Ok so eastern time is....5 hours ahead of me? so I'm supposed to get up at

3am? (I'm western time)

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

LOL

I dunno, I'm confused now :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

say that a few hundred more times and some of us may get upset.

Reply to
mez

That's just because none of the rest of us have a proper hall to hold a ball. It's difficult to fit all those dancing folk into an average living room.

Reply to
mez

Someone who has a computer that is never offline... like a server

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini De-Luxe 1964 Austin Mini Super De-Luxe
Howard Rose

"BugBum" wrote in news:3fdf56cf$1 snipped-for-privacy@binaries.vphos.net:

No, no. Not quite that early :)

Starting with Finland 3pm (=1500=UTC+2), then England is 1pm (=1300=UTC) then East Coast NA is 8am (=UTC-5). Then Central, Mountain, and finally Pacific is 5am on Victoria Island (=UTC-8). UTC stands for Universal Coordinated Time, forerly called Greenwich Mean Time, and it's convenient for coordinating world-wide efforts like this.

By the way, Anna, thanks for organizing this, & Jan too, and if I'm anywhere near a computer on New Year's eve, I'll see you all on the Chat line.

Reply to
cloud8

I have one. Running Linux. It is available for good purpose, if needed. ;)

Reply to
Olli Lammi