Not your dads aircooled

Click on the link to see a Beetle spank a Mustang.

Bill Berckman

Got a question for yeah. I'm trying to swap out the master brake cylinder for a 72 superbeetle. one of the bolts is stripped (before i got there)

any ideas how to get a stripped bolt out of there?

Reply to
slugbug

The bolt merely sandwiches the master cylinder and the forward firewall together. If it just turns without backing out you can try to get a small flatblade screwdriver behind the head of the bolt while turning it to remove it. Failing that, I'd suggest cutting the head of the bolt off with a dremel. Grab it with a vise grip and pull it forward and see if you can get a cut-off wheel behind it.

Don't lose the spacers on the inside shoulder of the bolts.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

Thanks chris!

I tried what you said.... afterwards I went to the local pep boys. They had an "extractor" It's a drill bit and a "thingy"... I drilled a small hole in the center of the head of the bolt. Than I put the extractor "thingy" as the new drill bit reversed the drill. Bolt comes out fine. It was only a few dollars and it's not permanent fixture in my tool box.

Reply to
slugbug