Oil leak

I have a severe oil leak on my 73 bus, the oil comes from behind the pully where the alternator belt goes on. (the one on the block of course) I checked the vent, it's open. Any suggestions? Someone told me i need an oversized pully due to my head being over machined, true?

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

US Buses have a Type 4 engine which has an oil seal. I assume you have a 1600cc upright engine which has no seal. Excessive blowby can make it leak (hole in piston). Also, if the grooves in the pulley are clogged with dried oil the slinger won't return oil the way it should and it can leak.

Machining the head(s) doesn't affect it/.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim