Ot: Considering buying a new beetle...thoughts?

Earth to Techwiz!

"Buzzy engines, lousy rides, cheap plastic interiors. compared to a 3 yr old chevy silverado duramax, they are way inferior in every way"

Try not to be nationalistic/romantic when discussing cars, I fit new GM trucks with superchargers, therefore PLEASE do not talk about cheap plastic, what utter pieces of ..... that goes even more for the H2.

J.

Reply to
BergRace

You Asked for thoughts.......................

Try these

Glad I could help.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

A little late on this topic, but I have an 01 beetle tdi, bought new, and at

70k miles so far. My commute is an hour each way, which is one reason I am not going in the bus. I get about 45 mpg with the roof rack on. My wife has the jetta tdi and gets about 5 mpg better. The jetta has had some recurring problems, but I've had no real problems with the beetle other than with the low clearance on mountain roads ripping the plastic pan off.... D

Reply to
DJohnson

Reply to
tecwhiz

.............If you want to see a pathetic example of 'Detroit Iron' that I've noticed recently, keep your eye out for a Dodge Ram that's been smacked in the nose. That massive looking chrome grill piece is just thin and brittle plastic!

Reply to
Tim Rogers