OT So I go to the tanning bed place today...

Getting yuppified I guess? I signed up and they asked me if I needed any of their $80 tanning lotion stuff. I told them no, that I had my own, the kind that still had the $1.99 drug-store sticker on it. They asked to see it and I showed them. Both of them said "No, we can't let you use that. It's mineral-oil-based and it will mess up our tanning beds." "OK, no problem," I said. "Oh, and I'd recommend you not use that even for outside exposure to real sun. It literally eats holes in the plastic linings of the tanning beds, so _just_ _imagine_ what it does to your skin!" (He had a very serious look on his face as he told me this.) "HOLY GOD I HAVE TO USE YOUR PHONE TO CALL THE BABYSITTER TO TELL HER TO NOT PUT ANY MINERAL OIL AKA BABY OIL ON MY BABY AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!" (With deadpan look on my face, staring at Einstein.) We had about a 10 second stare-down of sorts during which time I think he came to an important realization. Or at least I hope so. Maybe you had to be there. Anyway, I got "sun"-burned so I guess I'm the idiot. I should have bought some of their $80 lotion stuff I reckon. :-/

Reply to
Shaggie

Tanning booth ? Nothing personal but thats pretty pathetic. Why not just go outside and work in the sun for a little while.

Thats as bad as the yuppie up the road who goes jogging and then rides a little lawn tractor around mowing. Hell, why not get some real excersise and jog a hand mower around the yard.

Or better yet, come on over and pound some fence posts in or dig some post holes by hand. Get your sun and excersise all at the same time.

Randy

RSMEINER

On Fri, 07 May 2004 19:04:21 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

No, you should have gotten out in the sun...i tan very quickly and

*cheaply* by simply getting outdoors and working...break a sweat, you will tan...you sunburned "redneck"...hehe JT
Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I'm lazy. Sue me. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

What is this "work" of which you speak?

Reply to
Shaggie

On Sat, 08 May 2004 06:10:53 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

anything outside dude...wash that dirty jeep...mow that yard....seal that driveway so next time you buy an engine oil won't get all over it....see the list is endless...half the things on your "honey do" list are probably outside.... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

...the saddest part is that it was in the upper 80's yesterday and completely sunny.. =/

..Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

........................It must have been about a month ago when I courageously first identified you as being a yuppified weenie in this news group. Sadly, my 'joke' has turned out to be closer to the truth than even I realized. Do you wear your wife's thong style pink panties while in this booth? Is there a gentle but yet arousing rubdown afterwards with some nice smelling lotion that's administered by some bodybuilding freak named Dirk? What do you think about possibly getting one of those full body wax jobs so that your offroading buddies won't be repelled by any unsightly body hair?

............On a more serious note. Having grown up in Florida about forty years ago and often going without a shirt while outside.......In recent years I've had at least a half dozen pre-cancerous lesions surgically removed from my back, shoulders and neck.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

True. That's the half of the list that never seems to get done. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

I think it's funny to say "nothing personal" followed by "that's pretty pathetic." I dunno, I work all week and when I get home I don't particularly wanna work some more outside in the hot sun. Instead I toss a couple of bucks at a tanning bed place and get to lay down for less than 15 minutes with fans blowing all over the place and a radio playing and still get a tan so I don't look like a ghost. When I work "outside" it's usually in the garage so I can be in the shade. I don't like the heat. Now don't get me wrong, I do realize that I'm the only person in the world who uses tanning beds. Nobody else does, or they'd be pathetic. I single-handedly keep all of the tanning beds in business. I was trying to share the funny part of the story about the mineral oil doing horrible things to skin. I should have expected the kinds of responses I got. I'd say they were for the most part "pathetic." Nothing personal. hahahaha!

Reply to
Shaggie

No, they don't do stuff like that around here, Tim. That kinda behavior is apparently restricted to your area. Disturbing imagination you have. :-)

None for me, thanks.

Well that's probably from when you were a kid and your mom put some baby oil on you. I hear that stuff does WICKED things to your skin. ;-P

Reply to
Shaggie

And I bet you are the only person who works all week. Why would anyone pay for a tan. Hell, they are free if you go outside for a little while. By the end of today, I will have a great tan. I'm mowing.

Randy

RSMEINER

'.....notice, if you will, that it was not *I* who suggested such a thing. *I* fully understand trhat you have invested a LOT of money in raising children....and outside work is about the only way you will see a return on said investment. =-))) However, I *do* think a lawn chair and some of that cheap ass less than professional oil in yer backyard woulda tanned yer hide just fine =-))) Unless'n yer skeered of the neighbors laffin at ya.... you ain't skeered now is ya?? ;-)))) BTW: it would be a GREAT weekend to take the family to the beach for some proper tannin' and the gas in yer Honduh would prolly cost about the same as the 20 minute fry session did....just a thought. ;-)))))

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Convenience. Why do you eat vegetables out of a can instead of growing them all yourself? Why do you buy meat at the grocery store instead of having a herd of cattle, etc, etc?

Is that right? You can get a tan from the sun outside? Why didn't you tell me this before I gave that tanning bed place my $? My son mows the lawn like I did when I was a boy. Now you have fun mowing that lawn, Randy, and say hi to the llamas for me. heh heh

Reply to
Shaggie

You've been to my house, Gary. I guess you didn't notice but the back yard is so small it practically doesn't exist and it is covered in shade so much that I can't even grow anything back there, much less get a tan back there. I'm not sure how well it would go over if I was out in the front yard half-naked. There's probably some kinda restrictive covenant thingie that prohibits stuff like that so that people like me don't gross out the neighbors. :-P

Now that's not a bad idea, except that we all wouldn't fit in my honduh and also I'm already burned from the tanning bed. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

Click on the link to see what the men who are really weenies are doing.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

We do grow most of our own veggies. No cattle yet or poultry at our current place but there will be at our next. We get most of our meat from neighbors who do have cattle.

I mowed when I was a kid also. Most did then. I only mow once a month or so, just to get certain grasses down that the llamas won't eat.

Everytime I say hi to the llamas from you, they get nervous. Why is that ?

Randy

RSMEINER

On Sat, 08 May 2004 10:59:13 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

hehe....i know...trust me i understand....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Well get busy, dude!

They know I love llama burritos. YUM!

Reply to
Shaggie

Damned expensive burritos.

Am busy. Need to stop for a cool drink once in awhile. Getting a little warm out in the sun. Tan is coming along nicely.

Randy

RSMEINER