OT Tool lesson learned today.

Today I learned that if you have a tool break while you're using it and your wife is out shopping then the correct procedure is to stop working on what you're working on and go to the store and buy the tool you need. Do not, I repeat do NOT call your wife on her cell phone and tell her what you need and ask her to pick it up for you while she's out...

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

The one she brought or the one you broke in the picture?

Reply to
Olli Lammi

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:09:44 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

hehe she bought you a "knuckle buster" rachet.... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

And you went cursing with your new "tool" to the garage and=20 bent the handle against your knee? Or was it bent like that by design? If it was, I'm more sorry. Neither the fellow who designed that thing knew what he was doing.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:08:20 +0300, "Olli Lammi" began spewing the following from their cake-hole:

Yeah, it came that way. It doesn't um... "work" very well. When I try to use it, the bend in the handle causes it to apply torque to the socket itself like not just in a clockwise or counter-clockwise way but also like um...downward when I'm turning it clockwise or upward when I turn it counter-clockwise, pulling the socket off of the bolt or nut. It's um... stupid. I'll just go quietly get one that I can use. This one will wind up being one of those "corner-case" tools that you use once every 5 years. The weird thing to me was that she didn't even say anything like "Check out the weird handle" or anything. She called me from the store and said "Do you want a long-handled one or short-handled?" I told her if the didn't have a "medium" one to go ahead and get the big one. That's what she brought back.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

....which is clever female version of "next time get off your ass and buy your own damn tools".....:)

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 00:25:03 GMT, "Sneaks" ran around screaming and yelling:

you know sneaks, you are absolutely correct....they will do that so you think they are incapable of doing it correctly and not ask them in the future...just like us fellows do when we are forced to wash the dishes...LOL J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Well, atleast she tried.. and those are not that uncommon, except for the handle you got, is upside down compared to "normal" bent handle ratchets... Is the head jointed? Think they where originally designed for removing sparkplugs...

I.

Reply to
BergRace

...................I've never been able to figure out how to separate the laundry into white & colors.........It's too complicated!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

.............I'm usually not allowed in the laundry room.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 02:36:56 +0200, "BergRace" began spewing the following from their cake-hole:

Yes.

It's a real "wiggly mess" trying to use that thing. My floor jack just died on me last week, too. When I get around to picking up another floor jack I'll grab a socket that I can use, too.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

. When I get around to picking up

...yopu might want to grab a ratchet yoiu can use to use with the socket that you can use. =-))) BTW I reccomend the Great Neck line for cheap ratchets since I know the snap on truckl doesn't stop at your house unless he is lost ;-)))) Oh also...have you thrown aaway the dead jack yet???? If not I want the cradle!!!

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 07:43:11 -0400, Gary Tateosian began spewing the following from their cake-hole:

Ugh. Smartass. You know what I meant. :-) I haven't had even ONE cup of coffee yet today.

Insulting my tool terminology and then acting like one of my kids talkin' 'bout "I want! I need!" ??? HAHAHA! No, I haven't tossed the old jack yet. I haven't had the heart. *sniffle*

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

....yup.....well.....I think she should get a surprise the next time she asks you to pick up her "female hygene" supplies....."oh.....I thought you meant a TARPON.....so sorry hon....guess it is fish night tonight......oh yeh.....and I couldn't find them napkins you were looking for so I just bought a couple of supersized rolls of Brawny instead....will they work?"

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:25:13 GMT, "Sneaks" ran around screaming and yelling:

LOL...good one sneaks...

i sent my wife by a local siding supply company once to pay for a "tapco pro 3" sheetmetal brake...i was to come by later to pick it up, since she couldn't carry it in her car(basically i needed her to do the bank run, but she wanted to "help")...when i got to the supply house she had the fellas all screwed up...they had all kinds of pamplets, and catalogs out trying to find the "big metal thing, you know a "tapcon"..."....now those of you with some construction experience will laugh a bit at that one... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani