Paint Question

Ok, I am getting ready to have my 60 rag painted and I have picked a color. My question is as follows:

I have the paint code picked out from the wolfsburgwest color chats (L361, slate blue) But I dont plan on using the Glasurit paint. I guess the guy who paint my car will use Dupont or PPG or something like that. Will the paint dealer I buy my paint from be able to use the Glasurit "L" code and get an exact match in the Dupont brand? How does this work?

Thanks,

Andy Hendrix Dixon, CA

1960 T1 ragtop
Reply to
<1l75

Braukuche

In general, for most color codes there is the equivalent proportion of base colors on each brand's paint system, but the final results differ slightly from brand to brand. The differences are usually very slight, only noticeable when you have two neighboring pannels painted with different brand paints, and under certain light conditions, eg. under the sun might look the same but might differ under fluorescent lights.

If you are repainting the whole car, the slight difference won't be noticeable. In this case, it is better to use the best brand paint, and the best paint system in this brand. In the future, if you have to repair a pannel, you must use the same exact brand and paint system.

Bill, '67 bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos

My local auto parts store mixed up DuPont Single stage enamel off of the '69 L50B paint code. Perfect match to the interior and dash paint.

Reply to
Alan Nelson