Please help UNeasy starter>>

When I turn the key, there's about a 1-second hesitation, and then the car kicks to life. Sometimes the battery slooooowlllee whirs once or twice, and then the normal usual cranking and vroom....I need this car to start every time, as it's my only daily driver, and my boss is getting really tired of my reasons/excuses...any ideas appreciated. Could there be a burr on the starter solenoid, or dirt on a contact point somewhere? I'd park on a hill but none around....thanks paul '72 Super 1600

Reply to
pmbedard

I would take the starter out and look at the contacts and how clean it is inside. If nothin comes out, I'd think about rebuild/replace.

Ant

pmbedard wrote:

Reply to
Ant

For fault isolation: Pull handbrake, set your car in neutral. Than try to find the wire (in my car it is under the backseat) some goes to the solonide. And give it 12V direkt from your batteri. When your starter works better this way, so find the real error or install a relais for the startercircuit. ....Michael

Reply to
BS