Re: Alt stand vs gen stand

O-k i give up...how do you tell a Alternator stand

> from a generator stand ???? > Can you make a Alternator stand out of a Generator stand????

It's the same part for both, Steve.

Reply to
J Stafford

??? For the type 1s......... The Alternator stand usually supports more of the front of the alternator (near the fan housing) and can hold a generator. The Generator stand supports more of the rear of the generator (away from the fan housing) and will NOT hold most alternators.

They are different parts!

dave

alternator (near

*sob* I screwed up again! See, every 'generator support I bought was specified as "generator/alternator" support. So who sells genuine 'generator only' supports?
Reply to
J Stafford