Recommendations for a cheap radio for a 66 beetle

While waiting for my original Sapphire to get repaired, I'd like to get some cheap tunes in my car. Anyone have a recommendation for a cheap AM or AM/FM radio that will fit in the stock dash space? Something in the $30 range would be ideal ;)

Roy

Reply to
rfkasten

..............Find a local electronics repair business and ask them what they have. Customers bring in car radios and then don't come back for them all the time. The place that I go to has a stack of car radios on the counter and they're cheap.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Good luck - you need a 6 volt radio which are rare these days --- try Ebay.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I have used a cheap, low power head unit with a 6V->12V power inverter. Radio Shack at least used to sell inverters. (Under their own brand name)

Jan

Wolfgang wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Oops, forgot to mention that my '66 is converted to 12 volt. But thanks for the recommendations! Keep 'em coming ;)

Roy

Reply to
rfkasten