Roof Rack Clamps

Sorry for this question, because it gets asked a lot. I did a search through archived topics, and found a couple people asking this same question.

I have a roof rack (looks to be factory made, and was later painted to match the car). But I have no way to fasten it down. It looks like it was meant to be clamped into the gutters. I have seen kits that are more or less straps that run through the car, but that's pretty goofy.

I would rather not make my own, because I have plans of actually bucking things down to the rack (like luggage) and I don't want to harm anyone with my highway driving - or WORSE, lose my luggage!

Does anyone know of a commerical outlet where I could pick up these 'clamps'? Do clamp kits even exist? In my digging, I have turned up nothing. :-(

Thanks all,

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque

"Ray Dios Haque" wrote

Write to John at

Use this address: snipped-for-privacy@aircooled.net

You might ask him about the lockable roof rack clamps. I don't know for certain, but I think they simply replace the standard clamps.

Reply to
johnboy

You might try this:

I'd try and find one of them and have a metal shop make more.Andy

63 Camper

Reply to
<texaseitz