source for brass brake like adapters?

1/8-27 NTP to 10mm x 1mm inverted flare ??

I want to add a Wilwood proportioning valve, metering valve and a couple residuals, but their all SAE and the bug is metric. I've done some searching, but can find any.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Read thru all the posts. Will take some hunting from suppliers.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

what I've done in the past, instead of adapting, is new metric lines then put the proper SAE ends on the lines for the non-standard parts... you will need to have a good flair tool...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

CB Performance has what ya want. I've used them.

Reply to
Michael Rogers

not what I need. No ends with bubble flare, all SAE.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I'll leave the $250 flare tool for the last option :)

#896 looks right, but they don't say if it is 10mmx1mm or not. This is insane. I can't believe this stuff is so hard to find.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Lookie here

Michael Rogers

WOW $250????? It must be made out of some rare material. :-)

Last flaring tool set I bought was a Craftsman for around $20-$30. I also use a Blue Point from Snap-On like this K-D one here on ebay #

300262016262 or this BP #350103473485 (might be missing an adapter) This is all you need to make single, double and bubble flares along with a tubing cutter which did not seem to come with the KD kit.

Auto part stores might even rent/loan one. ;-) DON'T BUY JUNK SINCE THE TOOLS CAN BREAK OR SLIP!!!

JMHO

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

$250 sounds about right for a good bench or vice mounted unit. Once you have used one of those, you will never want to use ANY brand handheld flaring tools. Except if you must work under a car to do flares, that's where handhelds shine.

If I had the money, I would buy the bench or vice mounted type. It's pretty amazing, for someone who's been doing them with crappy handheld tools for a long time :)

Jan

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Jan Andersson

Yeah, that's them. Thanks! 3 of the 6635s and one 6636 will fit my need. Some other oddballs I need too. The collection of the stuff I need is going to take a while :(

Prop valve will go in the dash I think. I'm thinking some Earl's braided teflon lines with 4-an (?) ends snaked in. I'll have to hit the local speed shop to have them cut to fit. 4an male to 1/8-27 male should to be easy to get. The 4an male to 10x1 inverted bubble flare ought to be the tough find.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

The local hose house here has the plastic coated SS braded brake hose (in colors) along with American and Metric swedge on ends. I've gone to that instead of running steel lines, buy the fittings needed, cut the line to length, mark the fittings and let them swedge and test them. That way ya can mix and match the fittings as needed. Lil' expensive, but don't need a expensive fairing tool either. They charge me a buck a flair for metric bubbles. I tried the cheaper tools and kept breaking the anvils.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Rogers

Ok, think I'm getting somewhere now..

For the rear circuit, from the MC to the 10psi residual needs 10mmx1mm line fake (inverted bubble flare) to 1/8-27. This part is unknown so far.

From the residual to the Earl hose would be a Wilwood 220-6956

Two Wilwood 220-6415 90° elbows 1/8-27 to AN-3 for the prop mounted under the dash
From the Earl hose back into the rear brake line would be a Wilwood 220-6890

David Gravereaux

GEEZ Now you have me wanting one! ;-) I just don't need to use it everyday and sometimes not for years. lol Handheld has been working for me for 30 years.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1