Source for seat rails for a beetle?

I remember seeing way back someplace just plain seat rails for a standard beetle. I can't remember where. My '67 has the driver's left (towards the door) seat rail broken, and since the pan has absolutely no rust on it, I really just wanted to replace the rail by itself. (Measure it a few dozen times, break the welds, re-weld a new one in.)

Maybe I will just have to buy the whole front pan section and break the spot welds off and do it that way.

Reply to
ekoman

While reading your post, this was the idea I had just before I read what you had written...............A new pan................Sucks huh?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Check out RMMW

for their seat tracks. Part number 113

701 421D. '56 - '70 bug. $10.95. (not sure if that's EA or for the L/R set, but you can call them to find out.
Reply to
Alan Nelson

I thought that I heard that it is nearly impossible to get "new" seat rails that are as sturdy as the original ones. You may have to reenforce them with angle iron so that the seat doesn't just twist out of them when you get in/out of the car.

Reply to
KWW

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Forget the seat tracks you get on the atermarket floor pans , I have always cut the flimsy tracks off and replace them with original

Reply to
Kafertoys

Thanks!

I usually won't order from RMMW, but for eleven bucks I will check out the quality of this and report back to the group.

If this doesn't work I will probably have to go out to a wrecking yard and cut one out as my next step.

Reply to
ekoman

definately get some out of a donor vehicle! the ones that come on the replacement pans SUCK.... they are real flimsy and dont mate with the seat very well - the latch that is. i kept the old one off my old rusted pan - drilled out the welds and kept the originals.... i will reweld them into the new floor pan section when i get a chance : )

--

**************************************************************** dragenwagen 1966 Type I - Daily Driver
Reply to

That Settles it,.............I have thrown away more of those tracks with rust-out pans,..................I even thought about keeping them and still didn't................from now on, when I tear down a car I keep that part.....................

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Contact me offline-

I've got a baja project in the works right now. Will be putting in Ricer seats.

It's good for my fleet's karma to pull parts to keep a fellow bug going.

T.

Reply to
MN AirHead

This just came in today. Brazillian seat rails, seem to be of a very good quality.

I will know once I put them in, but it seems to be a really good replacement, especially for the price.

Reply to
ekoman

hey Ekoman....the tracks themselves may be just "fine'...take a look at the part near the front of the track that the seat adjuster will mesh with...most aftermarket ones are just "punched" out of the seat rail portion, and these are kind of a triangular shape..the originals were a rounded shape and work *MUCH* better....i had to drill out the spot welds on the adjuster plate on my original tracks and weld them on my aftermarket pans...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Nope, these are nice and rounded and look like the original. I think this is going to be a decent replacement part for once. 113 701 421 D

I am going to compare them closely today, and figure out if I am going to replace the whole setup, or just the outside driver's rail (the only part that is broken.).

Reply to
ekoman