Splitty parts useful or junk?

On my way from durban i saw 2 splittys on the side of the road. Both are beyond repair but the suspention, shifter, steering wheel and steering box are still there. Should i go strip and ebay them or is it not worth it? They do seem in good condition. There are also all brake drums and such present Some door handles and so as well, and the dashboard meters. Tell me as i pass again the on monday.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Is your time worth more than you will receive for the items? My opinion - go for the big stuff. Doors & seats - walk thrus and middle seats could net you several hundred dollars. Steering wheels might get you $100 each. $100 for a speedo. Wiper motor $50. Drum might be $50. Steering box could net you as much as $150. Door handles and little stuff like that would probably only get you $5. These are all just guesstimates assuming the parts are in decent usable shape. - DB

Reply to
DB

Does it have popout windows? I just bought a '63 bus that has 6 popout windows, and no latches for them. Going around a corner makes an awful lot of noise right now hehe.

Anyway, if its got em I'll buy em from ya.

Cheers, Micah

Reply to
Micah Gorrell

It has, i saw several latches. And yes, it´s up for grabs. I post what i have.

Bart Bervoets "Micah Gorrell" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

How much do you want for the latches?

Reply to
Micah Gorrell

Write me a mail so i have your real email adress. Then i can send pics as soon i have them.

Bart Bervoets "Micah Gorrell" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

In the USA that would be grand theft auto. Can you really get away with doing that in Belgium??

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

First of all : I am not in Belgium but in South Africa. Second : cars abandoned at the roadside get stripped by blacks faster then you can say stripped (And i am NOT a racist, just a fact) Third : cars abandoned are usually abandoned, and cops can check the vin to see if it was stolen, a cellphone call to the cops with the VIN tells you that, if it´s stolen, be careful. Fourth : Nobody really cares here. Fifth : We FOUND the owner and we came to terms. The ars are on his property, which is the roadside, and take the word "road" with a lot salt, the average road here is sand (in this area) I spoke with the owner today and purchased both wrecks, therefor i am now the legal owner and can decide whatever i want about them.

Serious, abandoned cars are not so uncommon here, usually they get stripped when wrecked or unrepairable. It´s not like in europe where you get busted for leaving a wreck somewhere, you should see the things that are dumped here, or the things that are still on the road (sometimes in worser shape) Another thing, a car unregistered for more then 3 years is automatically scrapped and not registered anymore, that means that if you cannot trace the owner back, it´s yours. That´s how i could buy a 70 bay window for 3000 rand, and that one is a deluxe and very nice. Things are just different here. Don´t worry, i don´t sell stolen parts.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

=09Thanks Bart, I guess the be in your addy fooled me. Good to hear you won't have to suddenly close up shop and run for the hills for this. Hope you sell the lot. In USA the cars would be towed and eventually, if you are lucky, there would be an abandoned vehicle auction somewhere so you could go and outbid somebody else fopr the rights to the car, after paying all appropriate government fees of course. Good Luck.

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

Thanks Bart, I guess the be in your addy fooled me. Good to hear you won't have to suddenly close up shop and run for the hills for this. Hope you sell the lot. In USA the cars would be towed and eventually, if you are lucky, there would be an abandoned vehicle auction somewhere so you could go and outbid somebody else fopr the rights to the car, after paying all appropriate government fees of course. Good Luck.

Nah, no problem here. I post a list when i have it ready. Too bad those splittys are beyond repair.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets