stock 69 aircleaner

Hi Guys,

Just got an stock air cleaner for 69, since I've never seen one I am a little puzzled. Top dome part comes out and there is a something attached to it. inside i can see some kind of foam. I don't think it's the one that is the one that does the filtering. Is it supposed to be removable? Cause I don't seem to be able to take it apart any further. looks like the whole top assembly is pressed together or something.

Thanks, Anton

Reply to
anton

Did they still use the oil bath filters in 69?

Reply to
Eddie

Well, I don't know about that but both my 70s had oil bath filters. No foam in them.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

"anton" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@c51g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Hi Anton,

The top of the air cleaner is holding it's filter. (as you discribe it as foam) AFAIK it is not removable BUT cleanable. You are not suposed to take it any further apart. You can clean it with some kind of solvent.

Good luck Roger

Reply to
bug '59

berichtnews: snipped-for-privacy@c51g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

solvent.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled/browse_f...>

hm, well that sux because the aircleaner was powder coated which means the filter must've been baked, oh oh.

Anton

Reply to
anton