VW AD

A few hours ago I saw a tv ad for Allstate Insurance which showed a vintage VW transporter (blue/white in great condition) picking up people all across the country for the good hands people. For some reason,all the VW logos were removed. I doubt vwoa would object, so why did ALLstate?

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

I saw that same commercial a couple of days ago. I hadn't noticed the VW logos missing but I thought it was a bit ironic to see an acvw in a car insurance commercial when you consider that the Beetle and Bus are considered rather unsafe vehicles.

Reply to
Mike64Bug

I wondered about that myself. Maybe they did not want to give the acvw support so they removed the logos?

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

missing but I thought it was a bit

Beetle and Bus are considered rather

I wonder if they would insure classic vehicles? A company over here ran a couple of adverts, one featured a Morris Minor (stopped production in 1972) and the other a early 60's Samba. But the company would not insure cars over 25 years old!! Crazy.

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

logos missing but I thought it was a bit

the Beetle and Bus are considered rather

Reply to
Ben Boyle