Weber Identification help

Cleaning the Carbs and getting ready to start the new motor, I realized that I don't know anything about the carbs I have. What is the difference between an IDF and IDA? Mine have no chokes and the the letter O is on the base of the 1st barrel and 6B on the 2nd barrel. I have a book on weber carbs that I believe was written just to mock me and I can't find shit in it I could use in real life. Help please Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Anyone? How can I tell which ones I have without tearing them down?

40's, 44's ect. Anyone, yes Mario, you too if ya know something about this.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

The type is stamped in the base of one of the flanges. If it is either IDF or IDA, then the IDF has an external diaphragm accelerator pump, between the two barrels, while the IDA does not (has an internal piston accelerator pump).

Bill, '67 bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos

if you can take a picture I'd be happy to help.

John

Reply to
John Connolly

Thanks guys, mine have external pump so I guess IDF. John, I will get a picture today.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

John, click on below to see the Puma album. The first two pictures taken yesterday when the engine was still out of the car shows the webers. I can get closer pictures in car tomorrow if that helps. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

very blurry, but looks like IDF Webers. They DO have the size on them, look closely.

BTW, that large collector exhaust (thunderbird) will give you a massive flat spot off idle.

john Aircooled.Net Inc.

href="

">Den's

Reply to
John Connolly

.,...WHATS THE WORD... everybody...... Thunderbird...

...WHATS THE PRICE...

..ok...sorry, nit sure what came over me, ;-)

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Thanks John, I will see about the flat spot.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik