what is MoS2 ?

That's a number after 41 and before 43. Garsh yor stewpid.

-ANT

Reply to
ANT

...................In reference to that flick, if I wuz as ugly as Tommy Lee Jones, I'd grow a beard like you did.

BTW............I didn't notice any planet Vulcan wackos in MIB........are you feeling OK?........run out of meds?

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

The answer to life and everything...

J.

Reply to
BergRace

Why those dirty gaspassers.

Randy

RSMEINER

I never run out of meds as I make them myself in my combination refrigerator/fungi lab.

-ANT (Oooo, I can taste the colors)

PS If I had a dog that looked like you I'd shave it's ass and teach it to walk backwards. :-)

Reply to
ANT

.....................I do have a dog that does look like you. He got that way by licking himself after eating snacks from the kitty litter box.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

ROTFLMAO

-ANT

Reply to
ANT

MoS2 is a solid which acts much like graphite, only better. It's a solid lubricant, good for sliding friction. I don't think that it would do anything at all to help brake free rusted nuts.

It is added to lubricants as a finely divided black powder. Since it is still a solid in suspension in the oil it would probably get filters out and left behind even if the oil did manage to penetrate thru the rust.

As a lubricant additive, however, it is really wonderful stuff when used in appropriate applications.

-

Jim Adney

:D

Jan Andersson

Jim Adney wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I heard long ago that a tube of MoS2 could be added to the tranny oil. This was supposed to prolong the life of an aging tranny on its way out.

Reply to
cloud8

Dow-Corning once made an MoS2 oil additive for this purpose. I don't think that anyone suggested that it could slow down the death of an already worn transmission. Instead, it was sold as preventative maintenace, intended to keep the transmission in like-new condition for much longer than straight gear lube could.

I used some in my 68 in about 1969. I havn't heard of it in the last

30 years. I suspect that improvements in gear lubes have made it nearly pointless. When I sold that car 10 years later the tranny was still fine, but I don't think that proves anything, most of them last much longer than 10 years anyway. -

Jim Adney