Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

counterclockwise type 1 engine?
Hello all, Quick question for the experts out there.. Does a conversion kit exist, or has anyone ever managed to make a type 1 engine run counterclockwise? I understand most just flip the ring gear in...
4
4

63' won't self center after turn
I just rebuilt the entire suspension and steering on my 63 std beetle, front and back. Now my sterning is stiff and my wheel will not center after turning a corner. I got everything aligned thinking...
3
3

OT: ATT. Travis
are old pictures, but the best ones I could find today(the road has not changed, as if it could :) ). Troll stigen, "The Trolls ladder" Fancy a ride? I have not done it myself yet, thinking about...
4
4

Semi W engine lid on 1961 (UK)
Hi all, I have finally managed to get hold of a 1961 Beetle (UK). I am just checking the authenticity of body panels and notice that the 'Semi W' engine lid appears to be like a 1966 (with only part...
4
4

Re: talk about twisted
I'll bet it never happened. I don't think Mario even has 30 vehicles. Let's see the police report, then the insurance settlement, and of course, the alibi from Mario. Where was he? Perhaps he learned...
7
7

engine number
I have a 1968 Beetle 1300 which has 5553 F - 465232 riveted onto the engine where the engine number should be. Can anyone tell me what this means please as it doesn't seem to match the usual codes? On...
2
2

What's your trip fuel economy record(not instantaneous)?
Here's mine was all highway mostly downhill and my car has a 0.27 coefficient of drag. The funny thing is that my car is only supposed to get 28 MPG under the NEW EPA standards and 30 MPG under the...
19
19

Gotta love German engineering...
What other car can you take out and play with the 4x4's? favorite part of that video... spent last weekend out on the trails, only damage was a bent pushrod and tube. I'll have it back up and running...
3
3

A Simpler Bowden Tube adjust.
I cut washer(s) into a "C" shape and just slip them onto the tube just before the bracket, to get that "sag". Try it ! you'll like it.

that shudder.
esp. when the engine is cold, letting out the clutch get the car a shakin'. yes, I put more "sag" in the bowden tube. It is less severe after warming up the motor. I suspect oil on the clutch linings....
4
4

Paging Bill Berckman...
Bill, shot me an email ifnwhen you see this, I have a question :) bugfuel @ Jan
1
1

Mallory ignition 50% broken
The new Mallory distributor with igntion bugged out after < 100 miles on it. Fires only #1 and #2 cylinders. Left bank is dead. No spark. I've got the proper coil, it's wired right. And yes, the wires...
16
16

Re: ATT: EBAY SELLERS-ISUZU OWNERS-BEWARE MATTHEW BUNNEY of QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA
Unfortuneately, this happens alot. As a safer practice, simply start getting tracking or delivery confirmation. I wont ship out of the US due to not being able to get delivery confirmation on air...

What is this? (seriously - found in float bowl)
One of the Kadrons has been on-and-off working and last night it was very bad. It is getting plenty of fuel to the bowl. I removed the top and the bowl is floating (not sunk) and appears good. Then I...
11
11

Couple swingaxle questions
I'm helping swap out a transaxle in a 1964 beetle. The replacement unit had axles that were a bit shorter than the ones that came out of the vehicle, so I was recruited to swap over the axles and also...
1
1