Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

broken bleeder valve
1970 Bug I have been fortunate to break several bleeder valves off that now need replacing, can someone tell me the size of the 'axle nut' so I can get the hub off? I have another pan which has disk...
5
5

1970 parts Ghia in Philadelphia PA
I bought it a while ago (on ebay) and did not realize the amount of rust.... and it's just not going to make it. It sucks, but i have to face the fact that it's just rotting away. I also don't have...
5
5

Type IV Exhaust
I have a '78 westy that needs a new exhaust. I do not use the bus in cold weather so I have no use for the "heating" system. Does anyone out there know of any alternatives to the heater boxes? Any...
2
2

brazillian beetles
Yes. I have the whole conversion manual. Without going into agonizing detail, let me begin by saying that if you don't live in the tropics, or damned near, then forget about it - the warming system...
3
3

6V distributor
Hi guys, Last sunday i had the idea to take the '59 for a trip. I't started very hard and even had to push start it... Anyway, finally it started, did drive for about 30 min.when suddenly it died....
10
10

Old Dirty Harry movies
are great to watch if you want to see a lot of VWs, except when they get smashed during chase scenes!
2
2

Nice '72
Hello all. I have a great 1972 Red Convertible, with almost no rust for sale. It needs a new fuel pump, carpet, and a few other small items. The body is perfect. The engine is also in great condition....

1971 Engine Wont Start
Did you try to start it with the accelerator pedal pressed all the way down? It may be flooded, or the idle cut-off solenoid not working, or the fuel drained back to the tank. Try to crank it for 10...
19
19

Starter Woes-again
I replaced my starter (in my 77 Bug) with a rebuilt one. I bench tested it and it works. I connected all the wires (plus a ground) under the car and it works. I installed it in the car, and it clicks,...
13
13

Convertible window frames
I have a 70 convertible and the top of the metal frame on the passenger side window has come loose. Can anyone in the group give me some insight on what kind of glue and tips on glueing. Thanks. Al...
1
1

Alloy Wheel Sizes and lowering the back end
Wheel sizes are the worst way to lower a car. They look funny and don't lower enough. Mucking with camber that way is a great way to elimninate future problems of all kinds - cause it's likely to kill...
2
2

Marcus ?
Is there a guy on here named Marcus ? I am suppose to contact him. Thanks, Raz

Exhaust /muffler bolts - what should I use so I can get them off next time?
Having just spent several hours sawing the 3 bolts from between the 4 into 1 and twin quiet pack exhaust I was thinking there must be a better way to fix it back on. I tried all the usual methods to...
8
8

Compare global gasoline prices
The rest of the world pays what oil really costs. Americans don't see the expense directly. They pay for the extra expense of oil through income taxes largely for security in terms of military...
9
9

Strut Assembly Diagram
Does anyone have an exploded view diagram of the front strut assembly for a 1973 Superbeetle? I am rebuilding mine, but it looks like the previous owner didn't put them back together properly. I have...
2
2