140/1800 parts interchangeability question

Greetings;

My shop is having a terrible time trying to find a steering box to fit my '72 145. I gather the 160 series used the same part; does anyone know if the 1800s did as well, or if it could be fitted to the car? Or, if anyone has one laying around that they'd like to get rid of for a reasonable price...

Thanks,

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

I don't know for sure, but I doubt that the steering box from a 1800 or

122 would fit the 140. Also, 160 were always power assisted, so that will open up a new can of worms for you. I can't believe that you can't find a junkyard one for a 140 anymore - I replaced the one in my '71 with a junkyard one I got out of a '68 for $15, back in the early '80s.
Reply to
Mike F

The older cars are getting a lot rarer in junkyards, most of the Volvos I'm seeing lately are '83-'88 or so.

Reply to
James Sweet