2000 V70 Ignition Key stuck

Car does everything normally but key won't come out. Trans is in park and steering wheel is not locked tight. Key turns engine on and off, turns to the proper position to remove...but cannot be pulled out. I hate this car!

Reply to
TO'Hair

try cleaning shiftlock override button

Reply to
G Klein

I had that problem on a '99 V70 T5.

On the auto shifter gear stick, the large button which needs to be depressed to move the stick does not always return to it's fully out position (stays partially stuck in).

If the button is partially stuck in when the shifter is in the park position the key will be held in the locking mechanism.

If that is the cause, a temporary measure is to ease the button back to it's fully out position with your fingers. At my last service they sprayed some form of lubricant into the button and it now releases every time.

If it's not the button it may be tied up with the vacuum switch on the foot brake which is involved in releasing the gear lever and cruise control.

Liam

Reply to
Noone