940 gl speakers

i have a j plate 940 gl.i have changed the radio to a dab unit.the speakers are factory original equipment,2 on the dash and 2 in the rear doors.i want to put 2 on the rear parcel shelf but cannot find any wiring in the back to connect them.i have been told it might not be possible to splice into the rear door speakers.has any one done this before?

Reply to
wolves

Assuming the radio can control six speakers, why not just run the wires from the radio.

Reply to
Roadie

There isn't any wiring, you have to add it. If your head unit can run 6 speakers that's no problem, otherwise either add an additional amplifier for the rear speakers or disconnect the rear door speakers.

Reply to
James Sweet

Not sure about your head unit, but mine is currently running ten speakers: two on the dash, two in the front doors, two in the rear doors, two on the rear deck, and two on the ceiling. This was all factory installed when I ordered it through European Delivery. So I would assume that your head unit is capable of running additional speakers, but I would guess you have to run the wires from the unit yourself.

Robert

1993 Volvo 940
Reply to
Robert