Access to 2000 V70 electric window switches

Can anyone explain how to remove the electric window switches on my 2000 V70? I removed the small, square caps and the retaining screw in the door pull recess, but the switches are still firm in place. I'm pretty sure I have a short in either the front passenger switch or the corresponding switch on the driver's master switch. Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
Rodney Koontz

the switch panel is a press fit in the door panel you need a very thin blade screwdriver to remove since you did not detail your problem as to what is not working it is hard to determine what might be going on but if you can not get the window to work it is the master switch that is @ fault Glenn

Reply to
G Klein

I find it easier to remove the whole panel and push the switches out from below, and this way there's no chance of leaving a mark when prying it out. The only other thing you need to remove is the trim around the door release handle. Be careful the edges on that trim are sharp enough to cut your fingers. Then the bottom of the panel is just held on with standard clips. Note the lock button does not need to be removed - if you try to unscrew it you'll just break it.

Reply to
Mike F

Reply to
Rodney Koontz