How s70/v70 Window switches fail

My mechanic gave me the driver side window switch from eater v70 or s70 to have a look at. I pried it open and this is what I found.

appears the there is partial vacuum created inside the door panel and lotof lint gets sucked into overly delicate switch mechanism. Intermittentoperation results. Contaminated contacts arc and overheat the delicate reedwhich partially melts the plastic (orange) cam actuator. Not a prettypicture. I stick with my 91 740. The switches are much easier to clean.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to