How v70/s70 window switches fail

My mechanic gave me the driver side window switch from eater v70 or s70 to have a look at. I pried it open and this is what I found.

appears the there is partial vacuum created inside the door panel and lotof lint gets sucked into overly delicate switch mechanism. Intermittentoperation results. Contaminated contacts arc and overheat the delicate reedwhich partially melts the plastic (orange) cam actuator. Not a prettypicture.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

How can wi aviod this?

Reply to
perbo

Wow, that one is pretty dirty. I opened up mine a few months ago, and it was pretty clean. Sadly, I lost a couple of the springs that were inside the switch. So, any readers ever open theirs up, be very careful not to lose any of the springs!

Mike