What is this part called?

The flexible aluminum hose that goes from the exhaust heat riser pipe to the air filter box on our 850 is ripped. I thought it was called a pre-heat hose, but I cannot find it at IPDUSA.

What is the real name of this part? I need to buy one.

Thanks, Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

It is a preheat hose. If the car is a turbo, just yank it out and throw it away, if not and you live in a cold climate, go to the dealer to get it or look in a hardware store for something similar.

Reply to
James Sweet

James Sweet decided to add:

just tape it up.....

Reply to
bigjon

I tried that once before I knew what it did, lasted about a week, YMMV but it's hard to find tape that will hold up to conditions under the hood, as well as the tube often just tears somewhere else once it starts to deteriorate.

Reply to
James Sweet

You don't state what year and motor type of 850 you have. In the Volvo parts list for 1994 and up for a 4 valve non turbo, the part number is 9738247 and it is just labeled as "hose" Brad

Reply to
Mystical

The car is a non-turbo, and the weather does get cold here. I picked up something equivalent for $5 at the local NAPA store. The quality of the replacment hose is appallingly bad, but it will suffice for now.

Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf