Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The Windshield & Rearview Mirror Saga
My son through a baseball in the car knocking the rearview mirror off the windshield. Now get this... The adhesive between the baseplate and the windshield did not fail; the glass did. To be accurate,...
6
6

1998 white gti rust.. hatchback door
I have a rusty hatch door on my 1998 VW gti. The color of the car is white so the rust is a real eye sore. Does anyone have any advice... Take it to a body shop and get it fixed up? (how much would...
6
6

Warm start problem with 99 TDI Beetle
Hi all, I have problem starting when engine is warmed up starting is no problem when engine is cold... Someone in this forum mentioned changing Cooling Temp Sensor will fix the problem but I don't...
1
1

idle control valve
can anyone explain to a newbie where the idle control valve is on a VW Golf 1.4 (2002) or can you point me to a web page that will have a picture of it?
1
1

1992 Volkswagen (VW) Jetta Diesel TDI Overheat Coolant Leak Issue
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to post a problem I had experienced with my 1992 VW Jetta TDI, and what I finally figured the solution to be. I read an awful lot of posts regarding engine overheat...
23
23

81 rabbit--Oxygen sensor Test
I have been running the Meter Tests on the oxygen sensor on a 81 1.7L FI rabbit, and the Bentley Manual at page 74 of section 4, says that after the engine is started, and runs for a few minutes, that...
3
3

Repairing vehicles without locking up the radio antitheft system
I want to start repairing cars that don't belong to me. Many car owners are not aware that disconnecting the battery power for any reason will lock up the radio antitheft system, so they often don't...
10
10

VW MK2 gauges
Hello all, We have now sets of 4 gauges available for MK2 GTI/Golf/Jetta - Oil Pressure - Oil Temperature - Air Fuel Ratio - Voltage 159.99 USD for set. Shipping to UK is $35.00 (3-5 days). Feel free...

88 fox valvecover gasket moony
After changing the gasket 5 times with no sucses I pulled the last trick gleud 2 old gaskets together and installed it and it worked!!!!! each time I took the cover of I cleaned the filter in cover...
4
4

intermittant starting in 96 cabrio?
How is the ignition setup on a cabrio? Every so often turning the key will not start it. It sometimes takes turning the wheel a bit or pressing way down on the clutch. At which point it seems like...
5
5

1981 Diesel Rabbit metal radiator?
Just had the plastic radiator tank break. There are new radiators with plastic end tanks available, but I'm more comfortable with an all metal one. Anyone know of a source for an all metal radiator?...
2
2

problem with 02 Passat--locked out by ABS/EDL! Help!
I have an '02 Passat that won't let me start it; I turn the key, the battery kicks in (radio and lights come on), but nothing happens after that. Here's the scenario: Pulled into a parking space; shut...

Broken Antenna
I have a broken antenna on my 96 Jetta. I have been told I have to remove the fender to replace it. Is this true? I have already tried the "Pep Boys" fix with an aftermarket and it just doesn't work...
4
4

How to change battery in key fob
The key fob for my 2004 VW Passat no longer works. According to the dealer there is a battery inside that they recommend be changed yearly. Obviously, the dealer suggested I come in so they can...
4
4

Cabrio Parts for sale
For a late 80's Cabriolet.....I have for sale: - a pair of doors complete, panels, mirrors, handles, trim. White with white/grey doorpanels. Excellent, no dents or rust. - Complete set of sport seats...
1
1