Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

jet powered new beetle
2
2

98 Jetta Gl: Aftermarket Audio
Now that I have a tiny bit of discretionary income, I'm looking to fill the void left by the previous owner when he/she removed the factory AM/FM radio. I am not an audio "perfectionist" when it comes...
6
6

1987 Alpine Golf Automatic ~is it time?
I am considering ending my relationship with my owned since new Golf. I am in Toronto and wonder at my options. This car has lived on the streets for all of its life and looks a bit rough.( No one...
2
2

Air Conditioner Odor
I suppose it would -- I bought the Car Quest product (which, by the way, is called "PM") only because I was in there looking for the product for which you mount the fitting on the evaporator housing....
12
12

Cabriolet's and Golf's
So the GF wants a Cab. I've got 3 golfs along with various parts. So My question is which parts are going to be able to transfer over. The golf's are all mk2 and of course the cab will be a mk1. The...
1
1

Valet Key
We bought a used (barely) 05 Passat and I was wondering, did they come with a valet key? We didn't get one. Wouldn't this be a special order dealer item? Cecil
1
1

Gauge issues
Hello I have an 84 Scirocco. The problem is the LED on the water temp gauge. It flashes continuously. It worked normally when I first had the car. Over the years it stayed on longer and longer until...
4
4

2005 Golf steering noise
Hi, I have a 2005 GTI that is making a nasty creaking sound when steering at low speeds. My dealer can't figure out what the problem is. Any ideas? Thanks!
2
2

==FS -- CHEAP Rabbit Parts... Minneapolis Area... clips, verts, etc==
Howdy. I'm an aircooled guy -- asked to help part down and crush a VW collection. All parts in Minneapolis area... I don't lurk on this board --- just trying to keep them alive. Please follow this...
4
4

Anyone know how to ID what year a injector pump is.
I have an 86 golf diesel with a replaced boneyard pump in it. Can the year of the pump be determined by the part number, or any other means. I mean between 85 to 92. Its one of those years, but its...
4
4

rear main seal
So Ive just got my rear main seal in now. Ive held off on the clutch, cuz I dont know if ive done the seal wrong. I oiled up the seal and tapped it in with a hammer keeping in mind that the sealing...
7
7

Recall on 04-05 TDI
Just received a notice for a recall on 04-05 TDI models. The recall is the EGR Cooler. Bob 2004 Jetta TDI 1999 Beetle

Cruise Control Problem 2000 Jetta
2000 Jetta GL 2.0 Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. When I set the cruise control it works for a short period of time 10-15 mins. Then it kicks off and will not let you set it again...
2
2

VW T25 CAMPER FOR SALE (1989)
I am selling my beloved VW T25 Camper....Great looking van....Superb bodywork...Great Interior Click here for more details or visit Thanks c
1
1

1999 New Beetle, Cost Effective Switchblade Keys with Remotes
Hello, I am guessing that this issue has been beat to death but I am not finding any cost effective answers through my searches on the net. I currently have one switchblade key with a remote and one...
1
1