Best Rated threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacement of glued on hubcap emblems?
Any news on when VW will come out with a new and improved hubcap emblem that will actually stay glued to the wheel on the 2000 Beetle? My wife's car has had several sets, one of which was paid for by...

85 Vanagon Running Rich and creating other problems
I have a few problems that all relate back to the same problem of my engine running rich. I can start my van fine first thing in the morning, and drive it as long as I want to (running terribly rich),...

1993 VW Fox front strut mount replacement question -- repair manual for this car is out of print.
Hi, does anyone have any advice for replacing the front strut mounts? I'm going to tackle this job tomorrow. Thanks, Tom
4
4

VW Golf ignition problems when wet
My girlfriend's 1996 Golf (4 cyl) has become unreliable in wet conditions. So far, mechanics have replaced the distributor cap, spark plug wires, and ignition coil in attempts to fix the problem. They...
8
8

1987 VW Cabriolet...no spark, no start
I'm trying to help a friend with his Cabriolet...there's no spark at the spark plugs. I've run some standard voltage tests (from the Bentley manual) on the coil, pickup, ignition module, and so far...
4
4

2001 Jetta vr6 OVER REVVED bad, runs very rough now!
2001 Jetta vr6 over revved now missing bad! HELP!!My son was cruising down the interstate at 65mph. SOMEHOW gearshift got knocked into 1st Overgear during a panic situation. (Didnt thimk that was...
18
18

VW Mk3 Golf central locking pump staying on
Hi I have a VW Golf GTI 2.0 (MK3 - 96) Problem I have is that the central locking pump in the boot is staying on for hours sometimes all night (you can hear it whirring away) and its draining my...
1
1

Heater box blend door foam replacement?
Did the horrific job of replacing my heater core on my 95 GTI VR6 and I think my brain is now totally fried. Successfully removed the heater core box and core and now waiting for replacement core so...

ETKA & ETOS VW Electronioc Parts catalogue
I have for sale 2 electronic part systems for VW & Audi (backup copies) ETKA V6 - This is the same software VW/Audi use in their parts department. Includes most prices (current as of 2004). Can search...
10
10

Location of OBD port on 2004 Jetta?
Just wonderning. Also, is there a good all-around FAQ on this car? TIA
5
5

Help with removal of B4 passat door panel?
I am looking into a water leak on a 95 Passat. The car is in really good shape - all of the rubber door seals seem to be intact, as well as the trunk lid seals. I am considering pulling off the rear...
3
3

85 Jetta no spark or fuel pump
85 Jetta GLI (CIS-E) shut down in traffic. There is no spark and the fuel pump does not run for the 1-2 sec. when the switch is turned on. Replaced hall sensor and ignition control module (from...
9
9

purpose of the pierburg 2e3 part load enrichment valve ?
anyone know what is the part load enrichment valve is for? it goes into the side of the float chamber (drawing in link below) what type of probs can it give? thanks Merry Christmas, S

1999 VW Jetta Headlight Problem
Accually my son-in-law has the jetta and is in N. Carolina. He says his jetta has had couple of wierd problems with the head light before but always were momentary and went away. Now when he releases...
8
8

secondary air pump / smog pump / 2001 VW Passat 1.8T / 4 cylinder / error code P0411
Hi, my VW passat 2001 engine ATW / 123000miles / Auto-Tranny has the following problem: check engine light came on, scan tool (ross-tech) shows P0411 secondary air pump incorrect flow. I changed the...
10
10

if timing belt is sereaded does it damage the engine
the dealer said timing belt was sereaded and i was looking at replacing the engine wonder why it didnt just mean putting it back in time
5
5

cold start knock
Hey ya'll. I got a 98 jetta 2.0. It has a knarly engine knock for about 1 to 2 min on cold starts. After that is sounds fine. No knock during heavy load (fast take offs or hills), only knocking on the...
7
7

Jetta problem with voltage regulator causing transmission problem
I have a 1999 VW Jetta that had a voltage regulator failure, causing a high voltage output that I think affected the transmission shift solenoids. I say that because the transmission shifted fine...
6
6

VW ALARM SYSTEM TELLS ME WHEN ITS RAINING
HI, For over a year, my 2000 VW JETTA TDI has been my weather man. After a rain, when I open my car door the alarm system fails to reset, so that when I start the engine I have to wait 30 seconds...
6
6

1991 VW Jetta turbo diesel starting problems cold weather glow plugs
I just wanted to post a good experience (if I can call it that) Last year, my jetta would start on cold days without being plugged in (-15 Celsius was about as cold as it got in Kingston when...
1
1