clutch adjustment?

my kids 1996 jetta gl 2.0 clutch pedal engages rather high,near the top end of its travel,.is there an adjustment for the pedal?,..........135,000 miles ,no slippage

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

NO!

Reply to
Woodchuck

It's supposed to. On my '89 I think there should be 6 mm of freeplay (i.e., before the clutch disengages).

However, I've removed the spring at the clutch pedal and adjusted my freeplay so that I can rest my foot on the pedal and press 2" to the floor to disengage the clutch. Makes the old Jetta move faster. ;)

Reply to
Darryl