Seat Covers for 86 Cabriolet

The leather front seats on my '86 Cabriolet (Wolfsburg) are shot. The guy who replaced the top a few years back said he could custom make new covers for about $1K apiece. Too pricey for me.

Where can I get decent covers for the seats that won't break the bank?

Reply to
Ken M

Keep looking, I've seen nice leather seat covers for half (or less) than that quote. Try a boat yard and see who they recommend for upostery.

Reply to
PeterD

call up this place

I think I bought all of the interior from them when I redid my '66 type 1 years ago. I got any style I wanted and it was excellent material. My whole interior, seat upholstery-carpet-headliner-door panels-etc, did not cost over $700. I was quite pleased. They also may/should do Rabbit seats! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1