selector stuck/frozen on cold mornings? 93 EMV

Thanks!

>Ah ha! I went back out about an hour later and it released (ignition key) no

problem? I do however think it has something to do with trans. In the morning the gear selector is frozen...until it warms up. Somehow water got into the area where the gear shifter goes down into the the trans, and now when its cold (24f) in the morning, I can't move the selector. I wonder the best way to get that moisture out? So perhaps the car was not in park properly, or rther the selctor was not in park properly.

Thanks for the help,

Alan

Reply to
alan.montgomery

Water usually gets in there from the air conditioner. I believe there's a condensation drain line that is near the shifter base that can come loose and instead of draining properly it drains into the base of the shifter (as you found). secure that line properly and that should take care of the problem (after you get the existing water our of course).

Reply to
Matt B.

II'll give it a try Matt.

Reply to
alan.montgomery

I also have a radio question...I turn the volume al the way up and can just barely hear it. Yet when I turn it on initially, there is the "on" sound that bespeaks lots of power, but ten no volume?

Reply to
alan.montgomery

That sounds like something wrong w/the radio itself. Is it the stock VW radio? After 13 years it's probably on its way out. They're hardly worth fixing. For $200 you can get a nice aftermarket unit that plays CDs, MP3s, etc. I wouldn't spend too much time messing w/the stock radio if it's dying.

Reply to
Matt B.