WTB: Digifant computer ('92 Jetta, RV-engine)

Hello everyone, I am looking for a used Digifant I (DF-1) computer in working condition for my '92 Jetta 8V (California, RV engine). The part number is: Bosch: 0-261-200-554 VW: 037-906-023R Thanks in advance. Xavier

Reply to
Xavier

Ebay is your best bet. For instance, item 7945801704. There were 2 more that expired last night.

There are several revisions of this computer. For instance, there are versions w/ rev limiters, and those without. As far as I know, they all make your car run down the road. Do you have to replace your ECU with the exact same one due to California laws?

Tim Wohlford '89 Golf (replaced ECU 3 times now) '98 Jetta (wife won't let me touch it)

Reply to
Tim Wohlford

I suspect that it has to be at least a Digifant 1 because the wiring is a little bit different on that car versus Digifant II. Digifant I has individual ground wires for each injector whereas Digifant II does not. Digifant 1 also uses a MAF instead of the WOT and idle throttle switches. So I doubt a digifant II ECU will totally work correctly in a Digifant I car.

Reply to
Matt B.

Yes, I have checked ebay; I haven't seen any DF-I's posted, at least in the past couple of weeks. It is also my understanding, as Matt B. has pointed out, that DF-I and DF-II are not compatible. So, my search continues...any recommendations/leads? Thanks, Xavier.

Reply to
Xavier

Although that one ebay item that someone pointed us to was a Digifant II ECU but it did still say 'DF-1' on it (and below it, it sais 'Digifant II'). So that 'DF-1' code probably isn't correct to look at.

Reply to
Matt B.

here ya go

Reply to