2004 Canyon Factory Stereo Removal

Unfortunately, the service manuals are still not available for purchase.

If someone has the access / time / inclination to post the factory stereo removal instructions, I would appreciate it.

I am sure it is probably straightforard, but I prefer to know in advance what I am going to be doing.

Reply to
Commentator

Document ID #1332935 - trim plate

This was extremely easy. 5 clips hold the trim plate in, one bottom center, and 4 located by each corner of the stereo. Pops out easily. Wires can be disconnected, but they have enough slack to just move the trim plate out of the way.

Document ID #1334745 -radio

Another easy one. 3 screws, 7mm hex driver, and unplug the harness and antenna.

*********

I used the Best Kit # BKGMK420 with the pocket. Perfect fit. Best antenna adapter BAA4B.

I had gone looking for the Peripheral Accessories GMCO data bus interface, as the descriptions I had seen for the Metra GMRC-01 had left me with the impression that I would lose the peripheral power function. Installation descriptions I had found that used this unit indicated a need to run a new power wire.

That turned out to be incorrect. I bought the Metra adapter, and it functions perfectly. Took about 5 minutes to attach to the stereo harness with a few connectors and a crimping tool.

Simple installation, no modification required to the factory harness or anything else.

Reply to
Commentator