02 Cruiser 7yr/100mile Warranty Help!!!

Hello All, I am trying to locate anyone that has a copy of this powertrain warranty.. My 02 Cruiser was totaled in an accident 2 weeks ago and I have found a 02 limited to replace it.. My dealer is a total jerk and read to me that this warranty was transferrable at no charge.. Chrysler is saying they are not, but if the dealer has a copy that says it is they will reinstate it.. 5 days 6 phone calls to the dealer no response.. If ANYONE has a copy of this warranty they could email me I would really appreciate it.. PS. If you want any Kind of Chrysler or Dodge Stay as far away as you can from Main Street Dodge In Cartersville GA. That is another long horror story LOL Thanks Sue

Reply to
emartin

Normally they are transferable to another person at a $50 charge..... mine goes back to 99 so I doubt it would help you but I doubt it is transferable to another car. But it probably can be canceled for a refund and then buy another on the new car. The first 3 years you haven't used it so it is probably a full refund. Otherwise it is a prorated refund.

Reply to
Art

I've never heard of a warranty being transferred from one vehicle to another. I very much doubt that any car maker would do that. The transfers that some allow are transferring the warranty from one owner of a car to another owner of the SAME car.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Reply to
mic canic

Extended warranties are transferable with the car to another owner (not between cars). You should be able to get a refund for the unused time on the warranty.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Guess I did not make myself clear it is my new 02 limited that HAD a

7 yr 100mile powertrain warranty.. Not the crashed one.. the warranty goes with the car so on my crashed one it is dead.. when I bought the new car Chrysler said it was not tranferrable to a second owner but the dealer read me part of the contract that said it was and they will not call me back.. I am still looking for anyone that has a copy of this warranty on an 02 bought before July 9/02.. Chrysler said it would reinstate it if the dealer would show where it says transferrable.. Sorry I confused so many people.. Sue

Reply to
emartin

Sorry to be a bearer of bad tidings, the 7 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty was not transferable. What is complicating the issue, is that Chrysler actually had two warranty programs. The 7/100,000 program started in November 2001 and ran till the late Spring. They replaced it with a

7/70,000 powertrain warranty which was transferable. I believe that one is still in effect. Unfortunately, my scanner is kaput so I can't scan the paper, however at the top it states:

"THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXTENDED ONLY TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER of a 2001 or

2002 Model Year Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep Vehicle who purchases or leases from an authorized DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation dealer during the program period."

Under WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY it starts out in bold "For You, the original purchaser of the vehicle only,

On the back under WHAT'S NOT COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY: is the killer:

Repairs that may be needed by a subsequent owner (someone other than You or Your legal dependent) of the vehicle. COVERAGE UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Reply to
Carl Keehn

Thanks so much Carl!!! At least I know.. thanks for taking the time to write all that out for me Sue

Reply to
emartin