FS: Imp

Would anyone like to buy my Imp - it's a '74 Imp super, less than

21,000 miles (believed genuine) very solid, looks original, some small surface rust bubbles, but nothing to speak of , complete and everything works - MOT until next May. Overheats a bit when pushed hard - should be easy to sort out but I don't have time.

pics on

offers around £400 - it will have to be collected from Perth, Scotland.

Pete H

Reply to
pete

I may be interested but first I would have to sell one of the cars on my driveway.

Reply to
awm

i would like it full stop!!!!

I did send a mail. but not heard anyth>

Reply to
Paul Bottomley

Would like what?

Perhaps it was upside down and didn't have any context before the reply, like your posting? Have a look here, see if it helps:

Andy Luckman

Andy Luckman, you really are annoying.

About your awful website at

Have a look here, see if it helps:

oooo

Only thing visibly wrong with is the BL harvest gold colour, but bear in mind it almost certainly needs a head gasket and rad clean out (both water and air sides). Imp head gaskets are very easy and quick to do but need more care and attention to detail when working themthan the average pushrod engine.

Reply to
AWM

sheesh.... WTF has it to do with you, pete and me understood each other .... with attitudes like yours.... who need Wepons of mass destruction!

Reply to
Paul Bottomley

Who is this pointed at? What are you referring to?

Please remember that usenet has many readers who will have no idea what the above means. The whole point of usenet is that *everyone* can understand a thread and contribute as required. It is not like private email.

If you don't want to communicate efficiently, then the only loser is you, as your (relevant) response rate will plummet. Completely your choice, but why bother to "whistle into the wind"? Seems a waste of effort to me.

Andy Luckman

TROLL *plonk*

Reply to
Paul Bottomley

Bless!

Reply to
Andy Luckman

Jeez, is this about classics or what? Mr Luckman, no-one with anything to add to the classic car issues gives a damn about top posting. I agree it's not good practice but harping on about it is serving no-one. Save your time and our sanity please. In the meantime ditto *plonk*

-- Ken Davidson

Reply to
DocDelete

Au contraire. Why should the selfish and anti-social posting "styles" of the few, make life generally more difficult for the many?

Many persistent offenders will not be aware that their posts are often skipped by those who may be able to offer good advice otherwise.

Then there is the cost aspect: You and I may have the luxury of an ummetered service, others use mobile phones or metered connections, so leaving reams of untrimmed irrelevance increases costs for them. If the previous irrelevance is trimmed away, then the right order of posting is automatic.

I appreciate that there are some who set themselves low standards and consistently fail to achieve them, but usenet is a public resource. As such, it is important that established conventions are maintained for everyone's benefit.

Reply to
Andy Luckman

What a self righteous, pompous person. Your silly posts are actually more disruptive and irritating than the minor misdemeanour you first highlighted! Most people manage to communicate via NG's despite minor discrepancies in etiquette because unlike yourself, most people use them as an extension or enhancement of their hobby. Your hobby, (and there is at least one person just like you on each British based NG) has become the NG itself. You are so obsessed with perfection that you see the rest of us as inferior. Like the guy who spends a fortune on the best paint job, just to say everyone else's looks crap. But where the rest of us get fun and fulfilment from our hobby (well, sometimes!), you will never achieve fulfilment as long as we are here to f*ck it up for you. Keep trying though, it's fun to see your futile efforts.

Pete

Reply to
Pete W.

here here... f*ckwitt Luckman