OT<>

Page 4 of 9

LOL, you are not taking into account the continuing increase in the price of fuel. I would say that fuel will be over $4.00 in the next two years.
20000/30 * $4/gallon = $2666
20000/50 * $4/gallon = $1600
Now the savings are $1066 a year and as the price increases so do the savings. Now the time required to make up the savings have reduced significantly not to mention the added benefits of reduced pollution and reduced dependency on foreign oil which could also serve to keep the price of oil down. It would also further increase the development on hybrid and zero emissions vehicles if the demand exists but short sighted thinkers which sadly are the majority on this country as of now will flush this great country down the toilet.

TBone wrote:

How many Hybrids do you own Tom? How many gas guzzlers? You're all talk TBone. Typical liberal telling others what they should do but don't do themselves. Just like Kerry touting economy cars but drives his Dodge 300C (oh ya, its his wifes) or Al Gore who touts environmentalism and gets a speeding ticket in a gas guzzler 4 door lincoln. All talk about what others should do!

None yet.

One but I don't have much choice right now.

More spin and bullshit. While I don't currently own one, I'm not trying to talk people out of doing the right thing when they can, unlike you. When I need to purchase a new vehicle, fuel economy will be a big issue and not just for the few cents a week it might save me. What about you?

What engine does his 300C have? As for Al, I have no idea what he own or how he lives his life but he does make every effort to let people know what can happen if nothing is done. I guess that its better to stick you head in the sand and pretend that it doesn't exist like others in the group. Yea, that's gonna help your kids in the future.

TBone wrote:

Figures.
Not so. You made the choice in what you need. Nobody made the choice for you. You own a gas guzzler and no Hybrid but you whine that people need to buy hybrids to save the enviroment. Put up or shut up Tom!

I think people should buy economy cars. When buying cars in general people have always looked to get the most for their money. I bought a Dodge Caliber and got rid of my gas guzzler Ram. What have you done yourself?

I already did what you only talk about. My truck was paid for. My car has a payment. The gas savings won't pay for the cost of my Caliber. What about you Tom? All talk.

True he does say that. But he lives a high style polluting life, owns gas guzzler cars, lives in a huge mansion that sucks up power, uses a massive fuel guzzling polluting jet for much of his transportation needs...typical liberal, all talk about what others should do and not them.
wrote in message

Miles:
I believe the technical term for that is hypocrisy.
Mike
wrote in message

You two are amazing!! I doubt there has been a thread in the past couple of years that you guys have paticipated in that hasn't had a political slant tossed in by one of ya. <GBMFG>
Oh, I think I'm going to opt for the Toyota hybrid. Because I want to. Also 'cause it is I heard it is union made. <VBG>
wrote in message

Well, at least this time the political BS had nothing to do with me. Miles brought up Kerry and Gore and I said nothing about the right at all.

Let us know how that works out as I said, my wife is looking in that direction as well.

Roy wrote:

It's all entertainment!

You should buy the car that fits your needs whatever that maybe! Which union, American or Japanese? lol. Are there any cars built in the USA that aren't union made?
Yea, Toyota, and IIRC Honda
"miles" < snipped-for-privacy@nopers.com> wrote in message
TBone wrote:

How do US Auto workers at Toyota plants compare with US Union workers as far as benefits go?
How many non union auto workers have been layed off in recent years compared with US auto union workers?

I do know that the UAW took a big hit with Delphi.

That's what I mean!

Shit, I don't know anymore. I don't know if the hybrid's are made here or not
wrote in message

Yawn.
That is correct and I needed the truck and still do but it is not my primary transportation.

More spin and BS.

Once again, complete BS. If that were true, there would be few if any high end luxury cars and no Hummers on the road. Those that have little money and are responsible try and get the most for their money but for many, it is a status symbol.

I don't use the truck as my primary transportation and will be looking for a new car next year. I don't know if it will be a hybrid but it will be economy oriented and possibly a convertable.

LOL, I'm sure that you didn't sell the truck because of environmental reasons.

Please back this up and not with hard right leaning sources.

How exactly is he going to get around from one side of the country to the other, walk.

TBone wrote:

For them those vehicles give them the most they want for their money. So yes Tom, it is true.

Great. Let us know what you get. The PT Cruiser convertible is bargain priced after rebates. It was too small for my needs though.

People buy what they need and those needs vary. You have a gas guzzling polluting truck and I don't think thats because of environmental reasons.

Hard right leaning sources huh? Gore doesn't hide the fact he lives in a huge mansion nor is it a secret which car he drives, rents nor his preferred transportation mode of a fuel guzzling polluting jet.

How about not flying all over the country for his $100,000 speaking gigs about how we should all stop polluting? Until he does so he is no one to talk.

I guess that in a distorted way it is.

I was looking more in the two seated roadster type but again, with reasonable performance and good economy. I am simply not impressed with DC's lineup this year and I want a standard shift which indicates Ford, GM or Toyota.

I do indeed but as I said before, it is out of need and is not my primary transportation.

Many people live in large houses but that doesn't mean that they are not efficient. Do you know what his utility bills are? Do you know what type of lights he has, where the temperature of his mansion is set to, how many zones the climate control system has??? If not then you are just making ASSumptions. Have you seen his movie yet and if not, perhaps you should. It may explain a few things to you.

LOL, if there were not so many idiots with their heads in the sand then he wouldn't have to.

TBone wrote:

Want a two seater roadster with kick ass performance? Try this:
http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php
Here's the good news ... it's cleaner than a hybrid. It's all electric and blows away anything on the road.

The deal with Gore's mansion has been blown WAY out of proportion, mostly by right-wing media.
Yes, he has a mansion. So what?
Yes, he uses a lot of energy ... So what? All of the energy is generated by renewable sources.
He has a jet. So what? 90% of its use is to spread awareness about environmental problems that we all face. It's like the old saying, "you have to spend money to make money". In this case, he pollutes a little to spread awareness. At some point it needs to stop. I'll be watching to see if it does.
And ... he drives a Prius, not a gas guzzler as miles indicated.
Craig C.

How so?
Roy wrote:

0-60 in 4 seconds. I've seen video of this car smoking a Lambo and Ferrari in the 1/4 mile. You know of a gas powered vehicle that can do that? Top speed 135 mph, 200 mile range ... without a drop of gas.
There is one that is even faster, I can't remember the name of it. Made in France.
Tesla is is a US company with UK partners.
And ... it looks good. I can see me in one someday. :-)
Craig C.

>You know of a gas powered vehicle that can do

Let's see.. Charger SRT8 0-60 4.5 seconds, 1/4 mile, 12.8 is the best I've seen so far, around 175 for top speed. The vette Z06 is much quicker and faster.

Roy wrote:

How much gas does it use in that 1/4 mile?
:-) Craig C.