OT<>

Page 5 of 9

The heck with the gas, did you see what they want as a deposit on those toy's? I wonder what the final price is. Where do you get them repaired?

Roy wrote:

Final price is as listed. Around $100k. TBone said he wanted 2 seater roadster with good performance and good fuel economy. I believe my recommendation is the best one so far. :-)
> Where do you get them repaired?
Repairs take place at their dealerships. California, Illinois and Florida, IIRC. I'm guessing they are planning to open other dealerships in other states. I thought I remembered TBone saying he is from NC. Florida isn't so far ...
And you ... you have no excuse. :-)
Craig C.

Nah, the Corvette cost half as much. You can spend the 50K on gas and get it serviced anywhere.

I think I'll stick with the Camry

Roy wrote:

And the environment?

Doing the best you can, environmentally speaking, is A-OK with me ... not that you need my approval ...
I think I may change jobs soon. Which means I won't be able to ride the light rail anymore. That being the case, a hybrid purchase might be just around the corner. If I had an extra $100K, I'd have a Tesla, but if I had that kind of extra money, I wouldn't be working. :-)
Craig C.
Craig C. wrote:

Dodge Demon if it ever sees the light of day.
Bob
Bob M wrote:

Nice looking little car. With the recent acquisition of Chrysler by Cerberus, I bet we never see it. Gotta cut costs so that the execs get even larger bonuses.
Craig C.

<tink> Ummmmmm.... where do you suppose the energy comes from to power this alleged miracle vehicle, hmmmmm?

Mike Simmons wrote:

It comes from grid power usually, which can include renewable sources like wind, hydro and solar if the homeowner chooses.
It can also come from renewable sources off the grid like solar panels and wind turbines. That's where my electricity comes from ...
Craig C.
In responce to Mike Simmons 's post. I thought everyone should know:

i have to agree with mike here. for example, there is no way that Georgia Power's Schere plant (a coal fired power plant) is any cleaner per horse power (figure it in kwh if ya want) than some if not most of the vehicles on the road. i would find it hard to believe if it was (i've seen the smoke coming out of the stacks)

--
Chris

Chris Thompson wrote:

According to his publicist, while awaiting City and HOA approval for adding solar panels and wind turbines to his property (which he has now), Gore used grid power and purchased his power from a renewable source NOT a coal fired plant.
For example, I am plugged up to the grid as well. My electric delivery comes from TXU, however I purchase my electricity from Green Mountain Energy (www.greenmountain.com), per my request (I am on the 100% wind power plan).
I do not know the name of the company that provides Gore's energy ... nor is it important. What is important is that the energy he uses IS CLEAN energy.
All the rest of the nonsense on this matter is right wing spin.
Craig C.
Craig C. wrote:

Yes, after he was blasted for having a massive energy wasting home he applied for cleaner alternatives. He has been advocating these things for years, why did he wait until now? Bush's home was converted to clean energy many years ago.

Define clean.
miles wrote:

Nope. Stop lying. He used renewable power way before the right wing report.

City and HOA restrictions. He has been fighting it for some time. Other than that I don't know the details and neither do you.

And ... ?
You're such a simple minded fool, miles. No matter what the topic you find a way to defend Bush and slam all Dems. You're like a broken record. You're pathetic.
Craig C.
Craig C. wrote:

No he has not. 'HIS' people are the ones who stated that he INVESTS in clean energy sources to create his invention of Carbon Credits that makes his waste acceptable.

I see. What you are doing is defending anything Gores says or does no matter what the topic. Dang liberal hypocrites.
miles wrote:

Prove it.

The only person talking about "carbon credits" is you.

You have yet to prove ANYTHING. I don't need to defend Gore. You've got nothing, NADA, ZILCH evidence that proves that he is anything other than what I have stated in this thread.
Put up or shut up, miles.
Craig C.

<tink>
Yabbut, he doesn't "need" a mansion for just he and Tipper does he? No matter how energy efficient the Gore manse is, I'm sure that he would be much more energy frugal with a 1400 square foot ranch home that was well built, wouldn't he? Or is the "so what" intended to indicate that Mr Gore can own any house that he damned well pleases? If so, then why or why do all the liberals tree huggers have their undies in a bunch about the folks who choose to own an SUV? Explain the dichotomy if you please.

Hmmmm..... the Gore manse is located in TN which has a lot of TVA power both hydro, nuke and coal fired.... are you sure that all the energy Mr Gore consumes truly comes from renewable sources? Using that argument then, those of us who are fortunate enough to live near utilities which derive their power from renewable sources are thus able to be as prolifigate with our energy use as we damned well please whilst those poor bastards who get their juice from coal fired plants must then be frugal with every watt. Or, do we as "children of the planet" as the left would have take responsibility for our energy consumption regardless of it origin? Which way is it?.. I always get confused about that part.

Ahhhh..... I see.... he couldn't just hop a "Hound" to spread awareness and save all that energy, since he is amongst the cultural elite, he gets a pass on energy consumption while he is spreading the message to us, the great unwashed..... ummmmmm I don't think so...
At some point it needs to stop. I'll be watching

The Prius is the only vehicle in the Gore fleet? Are you sure?

Mike Simmons wrote:

Probably not. However, that's his choice.

Agreed. I live in a 1300 square foot home myself, run entirely from wind and solar power.

That is correct.

I have no problem with owning an SUV. Hell, I own a 3/4 ton Dodge with a Cummins. I drive it less than 1000 miles per year. I ride the light rail about 20000 miles per year.
If I could not ride the light rail, my choice would be to own and drive a hybrid.

According to his publicist, yes his power comes from wind, hydro and solar. Just recently, he got approval (from HOA and city) to add solar panels and wind turbines to his property.

Don't be confused ... just do the best you can. If renewable power is within your grasp, then it is your responsibility to use it, IMO. For those that don't have the choice, there are alternatives. Solar panels, wind turbines, etc. I realize these are pricey, but as long as it is a priority, say over 24" rims on your H2, I have no complaint.

Well, I'm sorry that you don't see the benefit. Your loss I suppose. I would prefer that he not fly but I can see the benefit as long as it isn't abused.

Supposedly all of his vehicles run by alternative means. Last thing I read, he traded his and his wifes Caddy in for Prius'.
One thing is certain, for all his many faults, he is doing more than 90% of the population about reversing the effects of global warming. Regardless of your personal feelings about him, he is doing the "right thing".
Craig C.
Craig C. wrote:

Thats true. Gore can have however big of a house he wants. But he shouldn't then go around the country telling others they need to conserve energy.
It's ironic because the left bashes Bush saying he is against such conservation. Yet Bush owns a highly efficient all solar home that also purifies and recycles its grey water waste among other energy conservation techniques.
miles wrote:

And there's the right wing spin ... right there. He advocates CLEAN energy. He ONLY advocates conservation when the energy used is NOT CLEAN energy.
If it's renewable and clean ... who gives a fuck how much you use?

Yes ... I read the right wing media too. You make a great parrot.
Craig C.
Craig C. wrote:

His home uses 20 times the national average for a family from the local power company which is not clean unless you add some left wing spin into the equation to make anything a liberal does acceptable.

Define clean.

Hmm...so Bush's house isn't solar powered and doesn't recycle it's own waste water? Only the left would think that Gore's home is greener than Bush's.
miles wrote:

Your full of shit miles. According to his "people" he purchases his power from renewable sources like the one I use. I believe them over you. You lie REGULARLY right here in this very forum, especially when it pertains to politics.

Little or NO pollution from the generation of the power.

I didn't comment about Bush. You did. You have his cock so far down your throat, you can't quit defending him.
He *should* be using alternative energy. When you have that kind of money, there is no excuse not to.
Craig C.