Aspire AC only works on blower speed #1 Help.....

I have a 95 Ford Aspire I bought used. The Air Conditioning only works with the blower set to #1. If I turn up blower speed the blue light on the AC switch goes out and the compressor stops. The blower works fine
on all 3 speeds for the heater / defroster. What could be the problem?????