Headlamps flickering.

My headlamps on my 2000 1.6 focus will sometimes dim for a few secondfs and then go briught again - there seems to be no rhyme or reason for this and
ity happens at all engine and road speeds. Any ideas?
You have a bad ground in the sytem
mike

My 2001 focus does this also, I believe it happens when the battery gets low and the alternator kicks in.
but if anyone wishes to correct me, I will gladly listen
Better rethink that. ;)
mike

My 2001 focus does this also, I believe it happens when the battery gets low and the alternator kicks in.
but if anyone wishes to correct me, I will gladly listen

I had this happen to me. Lights would go dim then brighten. My problem was the alternator, I hope it isn't yours. They aren't cheap.
EOO wrote:

off the heater / demisting system uses the air con to remove moisture from the cabin if you have any of the heater controls set to the orange symbol setting. The headlights flicker when the air con fans behind the radiator kick in due the voltage drop caused by the fan initial startup.