Pulling problem on 1998 E-250 van.

Over a period of time a very strong pull developed in the front end when applying the brakes. The van pulls left only slightly when the brakes are cool to warm. As the brakes heat up from heavy use, the pull gets much worse. It will totally change lanes if you do not hold tightly to the wheel when you brake hard. Everything in the brake system has been changed. One bushing in the suspension system was slightly worn, so it was also changed. Rear brakes were completely replaced earlier this year, also. I carrying about 10,000 lbs gross on board. My mechanic shop has given up on solving this problem. They are very well versed in Ford products, so they are experts in all areas of mechanic work; but this one has them all puzzeled. Any suggestions?

Reply to
hornman

Does "everything" include the hoses? Calipers?? Proportioning valve??

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Reply to
Agave

Sounds like a caliper that's not retracting (aka stuck) to me. As it heats the rotor from friction, it gets less and less effective.

Reply to
JimV

Finally, after replacing EVERYTHING else, we found the rubber hose ply separated and held pressure...very strange symptoms...like yours. I see other people thought this right off.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Take a pressure check on both lines,, I think you will find your problem from this check! or , frozen calipher, deffective calipher ect,, but I really think from your report you are having a pressure problem!!

Reply to
Richard Powers