Don't buy Delco sound systems!

Page 2 of 2
On 18 Dec 2003 10:34:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comoicurax (Baboo) wrote:

I've been reading through this post and I would like to propose two simple suggestions the following issue. This has worked for me and my co-workers.
1. Burn the music CD at the slowest speed possible. This allows the CD burner to sit in one place for a longer period of time, this allows for a better quality "burn"
2. Like it was mentioned before use high quality disks. There are some out there labeled as certified. These supposedly go through a more stringent QC process.
Please try this before giving up on your $600 option.
Currently I use Memorex CD-R 700MB (80 min) 48x multispeed CD's burning at 2x or 4x with either my Pioneer DVD writer or with my DVD/CDRW on my Compaq Evo N610. I got the CD's at Wal-Mart, they are not certified, but I have never had a CD not play in the car. I use Nero Burning ROM for to convert and burn my CD's.
I currently use a Remanufactured Sony head unit, that i got for $75 at an outlet mall here in Texas. The manual says that CD-R's may play but are not supported, but they play just as good as a manufactured pressed CD, no skipping or garbled music.
I do have a small issue using all 80 minutes of the music, so I keep the play time down to around 70. I lose 10 minutes of play time, but music isn't the only reason i use CD-R's.
I hope this works out for you. Please let me know.
I have used Imation, Fuji, Maxell, Verbatim, and many other brands of CD-Rs ranging in speeds from 4x to 52x in many different computers with CD-RW drives ranging in speeds from 1x to 52x. Of the dozens and dozens of CD-Rs I have made using various combinations of equipment and blank CDs, I have yet to create a disc that doesn't play perfectly in the factory AM/FM/cassette/CD radio in my '99 Buick Regal LS. The only problem CD I hever had an an Imation CD that I had damaged by accidently scraping off the reflective surface when it got caught underneath the power seat mechanism (oops). CDs that my mom creates with her 8x burner and various brands of CDs also seem to play just fine in her '02 Impala.
There is a warning in both our owner's manuals concerning the fact they they cannot guarantee CD-Rs will play due to variations in CD-Rs, burners, and software. IMO, this is an acceptable risk and a necessary disclaimer on for GM. However, I suppose that I'm one of the satisfied customers who has yet to experience a problem in my five years of ownership. If my player stopped playing CD-Rs today, I would not be upset since it wasn't designed to play CD-Rs anyway. It was designed to play CDs, not CD-Rs or CD-RWs. It's a CD player, not a CD-R player, LOL.
My brother's factory AM/FM/CD/MP3 player in his '03 Focus plays CDs and CD-Rs containing either CDA or MP3 files. It does not, however, play CD-RWs. I don't like this, since I would like to burn a hundred or so MP3s to a CD-RW and be able to reformat and reuse it again and again. But, it does work precisely as explained in the owner's guide - it plays CD and CD-R, but not CD-RW.
Just my 2 cents, Roger

count
the
few
Silverado
finds
Are you doing a disc to disc copy? Writing from an image file? MPG?
I had this problem until I tried various ways of copying to find one that worked.....
since the option does not perform as expected, have it removed.....
research Consumer Sales Acts in your state..
john

count
the
few